As the colder season approaches, our skin tends to get drier than normal. Instead of using lots of face lotion that soaks it all up with the same results, I found a DIY face scrub recipe to help reduce the dryness from your face that ends with a moisturized face and a healthy glow.
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (has antioxidant properties to help your skin look young, and keep it moisturized)
- 1tsp organic honey (helps absorb and retain moisture)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt (helps scrub off dead skin)
- 1/3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (helps exfoliate and brighten skin)
How to create your DIY mask:
Mix in the coconut oil and honey. Then slowly add in the lemon juice, just enough to soften the mixture up, but not liquefied. Lastly, add in the sea salt. Since the coconut oil does solidify, you can melt it at your touch. You can also place the mixture in the fridge until it solidifies.
Once the scrub is ready add to your face, avoiding the eye area. Be gentle to your skin, scrub lightly for a minute or two. Once the scrub has been rubbed around the face, wash the scrub off with luke warm water. The coconut oil might feel very thick on your skin while it is still wet, but just wait until your face dries and you will see the results!
The coconut, lemon, honey and sea salt gives you the right amount of moisture needed and a perfect glow!
*Disclaimer: As I am not a professional, please test a small area before using on whole face in case of an allergic reaction.
Are you going to try this DIY face scrub out?
Like this post? Go to My Fash Avenue’s Facebook page and click “Like”!
Not only are honey and lemon a great combo in tea for sore throats, it’s also great to use as a face mask! Honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-infammatory, and it is safe to use as a toner, wash or mask. It helps to protect the skin from sun damage, and it supports the skins ability to rejuvenate and refresh exhausted skin, leaving it feeling silky soft. Lemons have many benefits on your skin too. It’s great for acne prone skin, uneven skin tone, sun spots and aging. It is also rich in alpha hydroxy and vitamin C.
These two ingredients are the perfect match for great skin!
Here are the steps on how to make the Lemon and Honey Face Mask:
- 1/2 lemon (organic, if possible) squeezed in a bowl
- add 2 tsp of honey (organic, if possible) poured in the same bowl
- Mix both ingredients together with a fork
- Once the mixture is blended, apply the mixture on your face, avoiding the eye area
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes and rinse with a warm cloth (make sure to squeeze out the excess water)
* Make sure to apply this mask after you have cleansed your face.
Let me know how it works!
If you haven’t cleaned your makeup brush within the last week or ever, then they definitely need a good cleaning! It is important to clean your brushes on a weekly basis as they accumulate bacteria, oils, debris and dead skin cells. This process should only take you approximately 5 minutes. Once you have cleaned your brushes, you will notice how much smoother your makeup goes on your skin!
Tip: If you do it before bedtime they will be nice dry for use in the next morning.
Here are my 4 simple steps to clean your makeup brushes!
What you will need:
- Your makeup brushes
- A plate
- Dish soap
- Olive oil
- Small hand towel
1. You start off with pouring equal amounts of dish soap and olive oil on a plate.
2. Place your plate next to a sink and start to mix your brushes in the olive oil and dish soap.
3. Lather the olive oil and dish soap in your hands until it gets fully covered.
***Make sure to only wet the brush hair so you do not wear off the glue inside the brush.
4. Rinse off all the soap under cold water by swirling it in your hands until the residue is fully gone.
Once the brush is accurately rinsed, begin by removing the excess water by squeezing the brush from the base to the tip. Then, place it flat on a towel to air dry.
How often do you clean your brushes?