We all want love at some point in our lives, but it’s not that easy to find. Having a hectic lifestyle with a full-time job, a blog, attending multiple events, plus trying to have a social life – it can be extremely difficult to find time and meet the “one”. This is why I turned to online dating. It was extremely weird for me in the beginning, but after a couple of dates, I started to feel more comfortable and confident with the approach. Try to think of it like interviewing for a new job; the more you go to, the easier it gets!
eHarmony, the leader in online dating, has revealed a study showing that Boxing Day (December 26th) through to the beginning of January has 2.27 X more people signing up and communicating with each other than any other time of the year – with Labour Day and Valentine’s Day following closely behind.
Ladies! If you want to get your profile noticed by a man, here are some great tips you might want to jot down!
- Use words that resonate with guys, like ambitious, physically fit, spontaneous, outgoing and passionate.
- Do not use words like kind, affectionate, generous or dependable – they don’t create that spark.
- Guys are more attracted to hardworking, independent women, so make sure to boost that quality!
- Your profile pic should be a recent, close up of you smiling. DO NOT choose a group photo or one with you wearing sunglasses… we’re not playing Where’s Waldo!
- Start your conversation with something relevant and witty. Lead with a question so they have a reason to respond.
- Show only tasteful, classy photos. The last thing you need is for the guy to not take you seriously because you’re showing too much cleavage or leg. Keep those for when you start to date; and in the meantime, leave the rest to imagination.
Online dating has allowed me to explore and interact with different types of men, learn a lot about myself and figure out what type of guy I’m into, as well as help boost my confidence. Each date has been unique and challenging in its own way.
Here are some online dating tips and tricks that I’d like to leave you with:
- Research your potential date by looking up his Instagram profile, Facebook account, or Google his name. It’s the only time its acceptable to socially stalk… you need to make sure he is who he says he is!
- Ask him questions about what he likes to do, but make sure you don’t sound like you’re giving an interview or interrogating the poor guy. Kept things light and conversational.
- Be honest.
- Don’t complain, bitch about your life or be negative – it can be a turn off.
- Give him the benefit of the doubt before assuming anything.
- Meet in a public location like a coffee shop, bar or restaurant. Being in a social setting is great for playing off the vibe and can help cut any nerves.
- Always offer to pay your share on the date. Most men judge a woman if she doesn’t. Don’t be THAT girl!
Yes – online dating is a bit terrifying at first, but with the right tips and tricks to navigate you through when first starting out… you’ll actually enjoy it!
eHarmony wants to help single Canadians make the best of their profiles using the “language of love” so here are some words of what males and females like/did not like:
KEY WORDS MALES LIKED
- Hard Working
- Physically Fit
KEY WORDS FEMALES LIKED
- Physically Fit
- Hard Working
KEY WORDS MALES DID NOT LIKE
- Good listener
KEY WORDS FEMALES DID NOT LIKE
- Good listener
Having a father who lives on the West coast (Vancouver, B.C.), and me living in the East coast (Toronto, ON) since I was 9 years old, it’s been very difficult, as I don’t get to see him as often as I would like to. So when UPS Canada approached me with this cool opportunity to test out their #MessageInAParcel, I was excited! The first person I thought to send it to was my dad! I know he would be happy to hear my voice recorded in a parcel! I mean which family/friend/significant other wouldn’t want to hear your recorded voice saying something meaningful or even humorous, right?! I know I would be smiling from ear to ear if I had a surprise like that come to my doorstep!
I recorded my 10-second heartfelt message, telling him how much I love and miss him dearly – I can’t wait for him to open it up this Christmas! This is the first time I’ve ever done something so fun exciting like this! I mean who wouldn’t want to hear something this personal, especially on Christmas day!
Sending this message, along with a gift was so easy and convenient! I totally recommend you try it out for yourself and send it to that special person in your life!
Follow along on Twitter/Instagram with hashtag #MessageInAParcel.
Daylight savings time has just kicked in, and working a 9-5 job means I barely see any daylight, which can be very frustrating! Since having a blog for the last 4 1/2 years, I’ve struggled getting the best lighting for my pictures during the winter months. Thankfully, I was introduced to GE’s latest innovative reveal(r) bulb, which helps colours pop, while providing vivid clarity throughout my home at the same time.
Whether I’m taking pictures for my Instagram account, applying makeup, or even reading a book, it provides me with clean bright light, while showcasing vibrant colours for me to see like never before!
Not only are these lights bright and clear, they save 28% of energy, which saves you money down the road! Also, each of these bulbs have an amazing life expectancy of approximately 1,000 plus hours!
I totally recommend you try GE’s reveal(r) bulb for yourself to see what you’ve been missing all along, just like myself!
Where to buy:
* Consumers can take advantage of limited-time promotional pricing of 30% off GE reveal A19 Energy Efficient Soft White 4-packs October 22nd through December 21st across participating Canadian Walmart locations.
* GE reveal is available at Walmart and Lowe’s throughout Canada.
* For more information on the promotion and how you can experience more with clean light, visit www.gelighting.com/reveal.
* You can purchase the bulbs online at Walmart, and Lowe’s. An offer from Checkout51 for $2.50 cash back for GE reveal light bulbs is also available on the Checkout51 app.
After I work out I tend to burn more calories, which means I eat more than I should and sometimes crave sweets. To stop overeating I’ve combined healthy ingredients in a pancake mix with yummy fermented Greek yogurt proteins + with mouth watering maple syrup. Not only does this recipe cut my sweet tooth cravings, I also get the benefit of having protein too!
fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ is the first and only complete fermented protein made from Greek yogurt and formulated to provide maximum absorption, strengthen gut and digestive health, and provide 25 grams of fully-fermented protein from clean, grass-fed California dairy. It’s a lifestyle protein and the perfect addition to any make-it-yourself smoothie, favourite baked recipe, or can be enjoyed simply shaken with water, milk, or beverage of your choice – enjoy!
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 200 grams of Genuine Health’s fermented Greek yogurt proteins+ vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 5 egg white
- 2.5 cups of buttermilk
- 1 pinch of baking sodaTopping:
- 3 Brûléed or fresh bananas
- 1 cup pecans
- Brown sugar
- Canadian Maple Syrup
- Icing Sugar Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients together (except for egg whites) and mix for 4 minutes. Slowly whisk the egg white into mixture and slowly fold, then pass through a sieve and let it rise for about 15 min if using flour.
Line pan with olive oil or butter and cook on medium until golden.
Cut bananas in half, width and length wise so there are four pieces. Place banana slices lightly coated in brown sugar on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and broil on low just till the sugar melts and becomes golden.
Top with lightly dusted icing sugar, slice of brûléed banana, pecans, and drizzle with Canadian maple syrup.
Makes 12 pancakes