Colour blocking is this years must-have. It is an attempt to combine two or more vibrant blocks of colours in an ensemble for tops, bottoms, shoes, handbags and accessories. This trend started in spring 2011 with hot celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez and many more shown below! This colour-block craze is still going strong and most fashionistas can’t get enough of it.
- Team colours of the same family together. It will give that harmonious look.
- Keep warm tones like red and orange closer together.
- Keep your look simple by wearing neutral coloured shoes.
- Think contrasting colours like fiery orange with purples (like in the pictures shown above).
- Wear lime green, melon, with rosy pinks to give that jarring combination.
- Contrast it again with your shoes or your handbag.
Dare to be bold with colours?
- Denim Studded Vest – Zara or get similar here!
- Maxi Dress – Marshalls
- Necklace & Bracelet – Forever 21
- Ring – H&M
- Pashmina – H&M
- Handbag – Louis Vuitton – Speedy 35
- Sunglasses – Michael Kors – Garyson Glasses
The weather in Toronto, Canada has been pretty crazy lately. It went for more than a month without rain, and all of a sudden we are having big heavy rain storms every other day! I don’t want to complain to mother nature but, come on, at least have lighter rain falls!
Today I wanted to wear something light and airy for this hot and humid day, so I threw on this must-have piece, brown maxi. I wanted to add an edgy look since this dress wasn’t too exciting, so I added a cut-off vest with collar studs to give me just enough toughness. I got inspired with this look from a recent blog I did in early July called Maxi Dresses…Oh My! I also added an orange pashmina to give it a pop of colour which was inspired by Jessica Alba early this year (shown below…). This was a perfect outfit for me to beat the summer heat!
What fabulous pieces would you wear to beat the summer heat?
Green Blazer – H&M (New)
Top – H&M (New)
Trousers – Zara
Sandals – Steve Madden
Purse – H&M
Watch (rose gold and silver)- Michael Kors
Spike bracelet – Aldo Accessories
Lip Gloss – Nars (Easy Lover)
My OOTD: I love the colour combo I am wearing today! The green, white and beige colours compliment each other so well. This ensemble is perfect for a business/casual day wear at the office or on the road for a business meeting.
Believe or not, but these sky-high Steve Madden sandals are super comfy!